We have seen a great deal of questions about where you can see Christmas lights this year in the Winchester and Frederick County area, so we decided to get out there and put together a list for you. We have used local knowledge, some message boards and some good old driving around to generate this resource of holiday decorations. If we missed a good one, let us know!
Here’s a map of the locations with details to help you plan out your excursion. Please use caution when enjoying these lights and be mindful of traffic patterns and traffic speeds.
↓ Click the square icon in the top left corner for a list and categories
• Walking in a Winter Wonderland at Clearbrook Park.
This is a very large walking (no driving) light display put on by the Frederick County Parks and Recreation folks. There is a fee and reservations are required – please click here to find and reserve open times. It is open November 27 – January 3.
• Holiday Lane at Jim Barnett Park
New for 2020, a free drive-through lights display courtesy of the City of Winchester and Winchester Parks and Recreation. Open daily 5-8:30pm, Nov 30-Dec20. Drive-through only, no walking. Gate closes promptly at 8:30pm, no admission after that. Entry point is marked on this map. See website for more details: https://www.winchesterva.gov/community-event/holiday-lane-lights-park
• Follow the Star Drive-Through Nativity at Fellowship Bible Church
Live drive-through nativity courtesy of the Fellowship Bible Church. ONLY OPEN Saturday December 12 and Sunday December 13, 5-9pm each day. More information on their Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/2846236828988556
Standout Residential Neighborhoods
• Condor Ct – well-decorated cul-de-sac in Stephens City near Bass-Hover ES.
• Fair Lawn Ct – near Bowman Library in Stephens City
• Fox Drive & Whittier Ave – numerous homes in this vicinity, across from James Wood MS in Winchester
• Musket Ridge Neighborhood, specifically Cedar Mountain Dr – located off Tasker Rd in Stephens City
• Oakdale Crossing Neighborhood – located off Senseny Rd and connects to the Raven Wing Neighborhood
• Raven Wing Neighborhood, especially Kinross Rd – accessible by Rt 50 or Senseny Rd
• Redbud Run Neighborhood, especially Merlot Dr – located in Stephenson just off of Hwy 7 near Millbrook HS
• Wakeland Manor, specifically Auburn Hill Ct – very popular spot just off Warrior Drive in Stephens City
• Whittier Acres – in Winchester also near James Wood MS
Standout Individual Homes
• 104 Christo Rey Dr, Clear Brook “Christo Rey Glow” Tune to 93.1 for music sync, FB page: https://www.facebook.com/ChristoReyGlow/
• 127 N Maple Rd, Winchester (visible from Hwy 522 across from the Crossroads Grocery Store). Lots of lawn decorations.
• 129 Merlot Dr, Stephenson. Tune to 95.7 FM for music sync.
• 130 Woolen Mills Dr, Middletown. 1st Place Winner of the Middletown Christmas Display Contest!
• 305 Huntersridge Rd, Winchester. Music is playing over speakers, roll down windows for music sync.
• 335 Branner Ave, Winchester. Story can be found in the Winchester Star from December 2020
• 587 White Oak Rd, White Post (Stephens City). Very popular home.
• 909 Allen Dr, Winchester (just behind Daniel Morgan MS).
• 1770 N Frederick Pike, Winchester (just north of 37 bypass).
• 2133 Mark Dr, Middletown. 3rd Place Winner of the Middletown Christmas Display Contest!
• 7933 Main St, Middletown. 2nd Place Winner of the Middletown Christmas Display Contest!
• Loudoun Street Pedestrian Mall (Old Town Winchester). Lights through the walking mall and the large central Christmas Tree on display.
• Shenandoah University Campus – annually lit up throughout the campus with holiday lights.
• Lights to remember loved ones, as sponsored by individual members of the public. https://www.valleyhealthlink.com/winchester-medical-center/volunteer/lights-of-love/