Freshly updated as of Saturday, December 11, 2021 for this holiday season! We have used local knowledge, some message boards and some good old driving around to generate this resource of holiday decorations. If we missed a good one, let us know!
Here’s a map of the locations with details to help you plan out your excursion. Please use caution when enjoying these lights and be mindful of traffic patterns and traffic speeds.
↓ Click the square icon in the top left corner for a list and categories
• Walking in a Winter Wonderland at Clearbrook Park.
This is a very large walking (no driving) light display put on by the Frederick County Parks and Recreation folks. There is a fee and reservations are required – please click here to find and reserve open times. It is open November 27 – January 3.
• Follow the Star Drive-Through Nativity at Fellowship Bible Church
Live drive-through nativity courtesy of the Fellowship Bible Church. ONLY OPEN Saturday December 4 and Sunday December 5, 5-9pm each day. More information on their Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/2846236828988556
Standout Residential Neighborhoods
• Condor Ct – well-decorated cul-de-sac in Stephens City near Bass-Hover ES.
• Fair Lawn Ct – near Bowman Library in Stephens City
• Fox Drive & Whittier Ave – numerous homes in this vicinity, across from James Wood MS in Winchester
• Musket Ridge Neighborhood, specifically Cedar Mountain Dr – located off Tasker Rd in Stephens City
• Oakdale Crossing Neighborhood – located off Senseny Rd and connects to the Raven Wing Neighborhood
• Raven Wing Neighborhood, especially Kinross Rd – accessible by Rt 50 or Senseny Rd
• Redbud Run Neighborhood, especially Merlot Dr – located in Stephenson just off of Hwy 7 near Millbrook HS
• Wakeland Manor, specifically Auburn Hill Ct – very popular spot just off Warrior Drive in Stephens City
• Whittier Acres – in Winchester also near James Wood MS
Standout Individual Homes
• 111 Christo Rey Dr, Clear Brook “Christo Rey Glow” Tune to 93.1 for music sync, FB page: https://www.facebook.com/ChristoReyGlow/
• 127 N Maple Rd, Winchester (visible from Hwy 522 across from the Crossroads Grocery Store). Lots of lawn decorations.
• 129 Merlot Dr, Stephenson. Tune to 95.7 FM for music sync.
• 130 Woolen Mills Dr, Middletown. 1st Place Winner of the Middletown Christmas Display Contest!
• 203 Crestleigh Dr, Winchester. A large military truck in the front yard adorned with Christmas decorations!
• 216 Mosaic Ct, Stephenson (Snowden Bridge). A Christmas light show synced to 101.7 FM, running from 5-10pm nightly.
• 273 Northumberland, Stephenson (Snowden Bridge). Multi-song light show.
• 335 Branner Ave, Winchester. Story can be found in the Winchester Star from December 2020
• 587 White Oak Rd, White Post (Stephens City). Very popular home.
• 909 Allen Dr, Winchester (just behind Daniel Morgan MS).
• 1770 N Frederick Pike, Winchester (just north of 37 bypass).
• 2133 Mark Dr, Middletown. 3rd Place Winner of the Middletown Christmas Display Contest!
• 7933 Main St, Middletown. 2nd Place Winner of the Middletown Christmas Display Contest!
• Loudoun Street Pedestrian Mall (Old Town Winchester). Lights through the walking mall and the large central Christmas Tree on display.
• Shenandoah University Campus – annually lit up throughout the campus with holiday lights.
• Lights to remember loved ones, as sponsored by individual members of the public. https://www.valleyhealthlink.com/winchester-medical-center/volunteer/lights-of-love/