- This event has passed.
Military History Day
June 11 @ 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Come join us on Saturday June 11, 2022 for the 9th annual living history day at the museum.
Relive history and see a large collection of WWII equipment and vehicles, re-enactor displays, Korean and Vietnam War displays.
The event will take place from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. June 11 at the museum, which is located at 811 Fairfax Pike (Va. 277), 1.5 miles east of Stephens City.
Individual displays will include:
• America’s involvement in World War I
• The American WWII home front
• The American infantry soldier and his equipment — D-Day, June 6, 1944
• The local serviceman’s involvement during WWII
• The U.S. Army Air Force flight gear and equipment
• The Battle of the Bulge — the last German offensive, December 1944
• The combat medic
• The weaponry and ordnance of WWII
• WWII and post-WWII military vehicles
• Korean War
• Vietnam War
Separate reunions of WWII veterans, Korean War and Vietnam-era servicemen and women will occur starting at 11 a.m. A BBQ luncheon will be provided for the veterans at noon. The museum encourages local veterans to attend, spread the word about the event and share their stories.
Various military reenactors and their displays will provide “living history” interpretations throughout the day, rain or shine.
Plenty of convenient parking available. No entry fee to attend. Bring the whole family. For more information, contact Fravel at 540-974-1044 or email@example.com.
Hosted by the American Military Heritage Museum.