Stonewall Jackson’s Headquarters

This 1854 Hudson River Gothic Revival style house has been restored much as it was when Jackson used it as his headquarters. The house contains the largest collection of Jackson memorabilia and also personal objects from members of his staff. The museum has on display Jackson’s personal prayer table, initialed prayer book, and many other Jackson family artifacts. The house was built in 1854 by William McP. Fuller on land that was a part of a five-acre out-lot numbered 52 as defined in the John Baylis plot of Winchester in 1752. On April 1, 1856, Fuller sold his “cottage” to Lewis T. Moore, who was a Lt. Colonel in the Fourth Virginia Volunteers during the Civil War. Lt. Col. Lewis T. Moore invited Jackson to use his home as his headquarters.

Hours:

April 1-October 31
Mon-Sat 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
Sun 12 p.m.-4 p.m.

Admission:

Adults $5
Seniors $4.50;
Students aged K-12 $2.50
Children 6 and under free

School, group, and bus tours are welcome at Stonewall Jackson’s Headquarters.

Please call the Winchester-Frederick County Historical Society in advance for special rates. (540) 662-6550.