COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Pandemic
Virginia ended mitigation measures on May 28, 2021.
There are no local or statewide restrictions on lodging in Winchester and Frederick County. Our major hotel properties are open and accepting reservations.
What is Open (last updated September 30, 2021)
• Restaurants, wineries, and breweries are OPEN to serve patrons at indoor and outdoor seating.
• The majority of our shops, attractions, theaters and museums (some have seasonal hours) are OPEN.
The Winchester-Frederick County Visitor Center and Gift Shop on Pleasant Valley Road has IS OPEN from 9am-5pm daily. Following local guidelines, face coverings are required for all persons coming into the building, and all government buildings in the City of Winchester.
The Old Town Winchester Welcome Center on Boscawen Street is currently CLOSED.
The Virginia Tourism Clear Brook Welcome Center is OPEN. This is a state-run facility, please see the Virginia Tourism website for further updates and details on operational modifications.
With the situation evolving rapidly, we encourage the traveling public to seek and heed the latest expert guidance, and to make fact-based travel decisions.
• Currently, there are no domestic travel advisories or restrictions, nor are there advisories or restrictions for Winchester-Frederick County or the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Public Health and Travel Resources
• US Travel – Domestic travel and national tourism impacts
• Commonwealth of Virginia – statewide updates