COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Pandemic
Read Virginia’s guidelines for Covid-19 here. Indoor dining is allowed, alcohol sales end at midnight. Gatherings are limited to 50 indoors, and 100 outdoors.
PLEASE NOTE: Wearing a face covering is MANDATORY when in most indoor settings in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
There are no local or statewide restrictions on lodging in Winchester and Frederick County. Our major hotel properties are open and accepting reservations.
Please understand that many amenities you may be used to, like continental breakfast, exercise facilities and pools, may be limited or unavailable.
What is Open (last updated April 13, 2021)
• Restaurants, wineries, and breweries are open to serve patrons at outdoor seating (many are heated), and indoor seating with social distancing. Alcohol is not served after midnight. Most are also still continuing take-out, delivery, or curbside pickup.
• The majority of our shops, attractions, theaters and most museums (some have seasonal hours) are OPEN with guidelines in place. Please continue to practice social distancing, wear masks, and respect individual businesses’ policies to keep staff and customers safe.
The Winchester-Frederick County Visitor Center and Gift Shop on Pleasant Valley Road has IS OPEN from 9am-5pm daily. Following state and local guidelines and to protect the health of our dedicated team, face coverings are required for all persons coming into the building. If you would prefer, you may call (540) 542-1326 and request information for pickup outside the center.
The Old Town Winchester Welcome Center on Boscawen St is also currently closed. We will update this when they announce when they will reopen.
The Virginia Tourism Clear Brook Welcome Center is open. This is a state-run facility, please see the Virginia Tourism website for further updates and details on operational modifications.
With the situation evolving rapidly, we encourage the traveling public to seek and heed the latest expert guidance, and to make fact-based travel decisions.
• Currently, there are no domestic travel advisories or restrictions, nor are there advisories or restrictions for Winchester-Frederick County or the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Public Health and Travel Resources
• US Travel – Domestic travel and national tourism impacts
• Commonwealth of Virginia – statewide updates